Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Love Sunflowers

I've eaten at Cafe Sunflower in Sandy Springs several times, and it has always been wonderful.

The decor is cozy. It kinda reminds me of what I wished I could dress up some of my earliest apartments like, kinda a youthy-arty-bohemian feel. The staff is lovely. Like the staff at R. Thomas...good looking, healthy looking folks. They radiate it. Our waitress recently was just amazing. Of course we embarassed her by telling her. She was also a good waitress.

I was on business, and no one seemed snarky when my friend and I pulled out files and spread them across the booth. I appreciate that...and we did come early so we wouldn't cut their tippage by hogging the table (And I like to tip high if I do this.)

In any case, I had:A lively Berry Zinger hot tea
So nice - I wish more places served more varieties of tea.

A warm zucchini soup
Usually I have had this cold. This was very nice. Creamy, nutty, touched with cilantro. Very very nice.

Tuscan Portobello sandwich - Portobello mushroom, goat cheese, spinach, onions on whole wheat ciabatta...rich, filling,great textures, the softess, nicest bread. The side of sweet potato fries (which I hate) were REALLY good. More like steak fries, thick, which allowed for their flavor to shine, and their richness to be enjoyed...the skinnier versions I usually find fall flat and far from the sensuality of the humble sweet potato. The little salad thingy also on the side was not so hot...but everything else was.

Always a repeater. Always great vegetarian...Try the little box thing in the appetizers as well...that is totally rad and fun! I am pretty sure even non vegetarian and picky meat monger boyfriends would like this place.

No comments: