Monday, October 29, 2007

The Girls Just Want to Have Fun

A most memorable evening in the company of Dames C and Z. The liquor was flowing and the conversation loud. Just what you'd expect, unless you are at The Albert. The dowdy brunette approached us from the side and announced that the management gave her the okay to tell us we were being too loud. Our jaws dropped, since when could you be too loud in a bar? We were not yelling, just a conversation between three dames... When we asked the bartender, he confirmed that we were talking loud and he neglected to remember or include but you're in a bar. As we were leaving, we saw the dowdy brunette talking to the owner. That is when I announced that I'd never go back and I let the dowdy brunette know just what I thought of her.

As for the food, The Wok Seared Green Beans are good, but not good enough to lure me back.

By the way, I'm familiar with the bar business since my husband is a bar manager, and he said that he won't ask someone to quiet down until they are literally screaming and I mean screaming.

2 comments:

la belle mangeuse said...

I concur. I was really sad, because when I first came in, I loved the place. And the bartender was cute. C'est la vie...my drunk patootie shall imbibe elsewhere!

l'aventurière de saveur said...

I love it that y'all got told to use your "six inch voices" in a BAR of all places.

Where is the Albert? I need to make sure to avoid it...shrieking laughter is always a positive review for a place in my book.