Thursday, August 30, 2007

Small Plates

Two short reviews:

Fresh 2 Order in Sandy Springs
I ordered dinner for a late night meeting from this place the other night. I was really impressed by the food. I was also really impressed by the online ordering system, which turns out didn't work, but the food was really reasonable in price. The flavor and quality of the meals were very impressive for a mid-level restaurant/food I got to go. All six of the meals, including a southwestern salad, Mediterranean salad, calamari long plate with wheatberry rice, chicken tenderloin panini and two club salads received favorable reviews. And all of the meals where prepared with fresh ingredients with healthy techniques. I will order from them again. I believe they have several locations around town. I give them a ***, but watch out for the online order! Follow up on it!

Pie Bar near Lindberg
I had lunch here last week with a girlfriend. I had cocktails here about a year ago, and loved the wonderfully bizarre architecture, but had never had the food. I liked it.

My friend had a coupon so we used it to get a "signature pizza" which was a weird pizza with chicken, fried green tomatoes, goat cheese and bbq sauce. I found it strangely tasty, and I loved the super thin crust it came on. The long rectangle versus traditional pie shape was good. It was cut into very manageable pieces and did not ooze all over me. This is something a business gal appreciates during the work week lunch. We also tried the watermelon gazpacho with dill and goat cheese. I really liked it's coolness. It was just a hint of light sweetness with the hovering of dill in the background. Really nicely put together. Lastly we had an arugula salad with apples and spiced nuts. I also loved this. I am a fan of arugula, and was thrilled to see a large mound of it on my plate. Usually if you order anything besides an iceberg or romaine based salad, you only get a tiny bit of the more flavorful lettuces...

Needless to say I was happy. I'm a little cheap as you know, so I probably won't be back, as a $10 plate lunch is out of my price range, but hey, if you got a coupon and need someone to join you at Piebar...give me a call! ***

No comments: