Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Pretty Good Pub

Okay, a friend and I have been drinking at Meehan's in Sandy Springs now for almost a year! This is not one of my typical joints for hanging out as it is a bit "corporatey" for me. The boy and I ended up here for lunch while getting his passport last year.

Like I said, surprising, as it is not my style, but they have a really good beer and liquor selection, as well as REALLY good food. I have even brought the parents (mine and the boy's) here for lunch.

Traditionally I get a Boddingtons here to drink. The waiters are pretty good looking, but usually we are at the bar. Several of our favorite items are:

Ahi Tuna Tostadas
Sweet Corn & Avocado Salsa, Red Onion, with Siracha Cream

Guinness Fish Tacos
Battered Fish, Chipotle Sauce, Pico, Sour Cream in Soft Tortillas

Fish & Chips
Guinness Battered Cod, Steak Fries, Southern Style Slaw, Tartar Sauce

101 Meatloaf
Bison, Sausage & Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans & Red Wine Gravy

I have to say, I have eaten at least 10 or more other things on this menu as well, and I have never been disappointed. Neither have any of my guests. The recent addition of a cheese plate was a delicious treat the other night. Quite frankly, I think this may be the only restaurant in Atlanta I have eaten at so very many times. I never thought about it before.

I love eating out, but most places I like are too expensive to eat at regularly, and the more casual places are good, but not enough to draw me me away from cooking at home. So I guess since Meehans is relatively well priced (not cheap though), close to the office, has been shared with a ton of folks, no complaints have ever been made, and the food is really very good, I have to give it *** maybe **** in the category of pubs. No attitude from the staff either.

Additionally you can dine with the kids if you want...though I always feel weird when I see one, like I am doing something naughty (like drinking too much). And there is a lovely upstairs open air patio, which interestingly, I have never made it up to. Guess we are just happy sitting at the bar downstairs where it is cool and dark.

Good Job Meehans. We Love ya.

No comments: