Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Kebabs and Canoodling

The boy and I went to Kroger to run errands; somehow that ended up including two bottles of wine and two different ice creams. The tone for the night was set.

Supper was fun and another exercise in new flavors. Since again I barely followed the recipe, I will just describe what we ate. We had kielbasa, vidalia, red pepper, sourdough skewers grilled with a rosemary marinade and served over arugala. Each of us also had half a beautiful emerald green avocado with a tiny squeeze of lime over it and a bit 'o kosher salt. (It's okay, avocados are GOOD fat!)Right before bed we indulged in a scoop each of root beer float and mocha chocolate ice cream...of course they were low fat, splenda! Why do you ask?

Wine: Tonight's wine was Twin Fin, a cabernet running about $9 at your local grocery store. I always admired the label, and broke down to pay the ten bucks for it...it was worth it. it practically leaped out of the bottle and said "I'm ready!" A rare thing for a lower priced cabernet. It was good stuff. Sadly though, the lovely boy was "helping" by opening the bottle and cut himself. He was using a classic wine opener with much expertise, however it turned out it was a screw top. I think this is the first one we have run into, but I have heard of them. It was an easy mistake to make.

What we are thankful for: Frankly, we had a few drinks after dinner, and I can't remember what we were grateful for then, but I know that the rest of the evening was spent on our front lawn laying on a blanket in the cool night air with our dogs. We talked and drank and blasted every Beatle album we own loud enough so we could hear it outside on the lawn. I am thankful that we can still feel like we are on a first date even now after all these years.

No comments: